Youth Co:Lab, co-created in 2017 by UNDP Asia and the Pacific and Citi Foundation is a multi-dimensional and multi-level response to tackle the challenges young people face by positioning youth front and center to find solutions to today’s most pressing problems.
Youth Co:Lab aims to establish a common agenda for Asia-Pacific countries to invest in and empower youth to accelerate the implementation of the SDGs through leadership, social innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Read more about Youth Co:Lab
In India, Youth Co:Lab was launched in 2019 by UNDP India in collaboration with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog. Through this collaboration Youth Co:Lab India has conducted four national theme-specific youth social innovation and entrepreneurship challenges, including several forms of engagement such as panels, workshops, dialogues, and webinars. Youth Co:Lab in India and regionally also supports social entrepreneurs through a long-term incubation programme, with selected entrepreneurs representing India at the regional summit. The fifth edition of Youth Co:Lab India will focus on identifying and supporting youth-led early-stage social enterprises or innovations working in the domains of:
- Digital and Financial Literacy for Youth
- Gender Equality and Women Economic Empowerment
- Developing FinTech Solutions focused on Biodiversity Conservation
- Promoting Biodiversity-friendly Lifestyles through Technological Solutions in Finance
- Accelerating Circular Economy through Upcycling Innovations
- Behavioral Nudges for LiFE ( Lifestyle For Environment)
Eligibility criteria to participate in Youth Co:Lab 2022-23:
- Early-stage startups led by Indian youth aged between 18 to 29 years
- Have a prototype/product/service concept centered on the themes of Youth Co:Lab 2022-23
- The startup/team, if incorporated, should be less than 5 years old, i.e. the formation of the founding team/startup should be during or after December 2017
- Ideas/solutions that are viable and scalable
- Startup teams led by Women, LGBTQIA+, PWDs, and Tribal youth. Therefore, for them, the age limit of the founders is extended up to 32 years
- Shortlisted teams undergo an intensive, time-bound National Springboard Programme implemented by UNDP, and AIM which will equip them with entrepreneurial and leadership skills, have knowledge sessions to robustify their business and provide opportunities to connect with mentors, incubators, investors and government.
- A chance to get selected for the Youth Co:Lab Springboard programme and represent India at the Asia-Pacific Regional Summit .
- The Youth Co:Lab Regional Summit provides young entrepreneurs with access to technical and business mentors, networking opportunities, and a doorway to learning and acceleration opportunities.
- The top two start-ups in each category will receive a Grant Award of USD 5000 and USD 3500 respectively.
If you have any further queries about Youth Co:Lab India 2022-23, we recommend you to visit our FAQs Section
Supported by Biodiversity Finance Initiative (BIOFIN) and Accelerator Labs
For any queries contact us at:
WhatsApp or Call - 82472 25681
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org